Coffee...

Michelle P.
on 3/10/08 4:13 am - Glens Falls, NY
I will be 4 weeks out on Wednesday 03/12/08, and I have not had a cup of coffee, one morning I tried decaf and it tasted horrible and I threw the whole pot away.  I know we are not supposed to have caffeine, however what about the Folgers Simply Smart or another brand that is 1/2 caffinated and 1/2 decaf? Also I see from other posts some people use fat free half and half, some use regular, some use milk and some use that nasty powder creamer.  I don't drink alot of coffee - at MOST 2 cups - most days I have just one.  But lately it seems I am missing and a good cup of coffee would taste great! Any thoughts, suggestions etc will be appreciated! Thanks, Michelle...

Michelle...                        

Kimberly928
on 3/10/08 4:22 am
I love coffee. I used a sugar-free cappuccino mix that came in singles.  I think they are made by Hills Bros?  I also drank that international foods coffees (sugar free).  Now that I am further out I have coffee with splenda and fat free half&half but can only drink about 1/2 a cup.  I'd give it another month of healing in your pouch before I'd start drinking full strength coffee.  And of course, if it's not on your food list, avoid it totally.  Better safe than sorry.
Karen S.
on 3/10/08 11:32 pm - Hudson Falls, NY
 Hi Michelle, How's it all going, it sounds like you are doing great. As far as the coffee thing, I tried the decaf too, mine was from Dunkin Donuts though, and it wasn't so bad.  However I soon went to regular coffee and I consider it my treat.  I usually only have one cup, once in a while two...I use equal and a little half and half.  I did pass this by Dr. Ingram when I seen her and she was okay with it.  I have watched for any problems with my pouch regarding the caffeine and I have not noticed any, but as we all know everybody reacts differently to everything. To be honest I don't remember exactly when I tried the first cup or the first cup of caffeinated coffee, but I do believe it was after I went back to work, which for me was 9 weeks out. Karen Schworm

Michelle P.
on 3/15/08 12:17 am - Glens Falls, NY
Karen,

Thank you for the input, I go to the doctor Tuesday for my 5 week check-up. As of this morning I have lost 60lbs since starting the Medifast 01/05 (28 since surgery 02/13). I am doing good, so far I have not been sick so I guess I am lucky. As you know protein protein protein! I did buy a protein drink but have not used it yet, just the beneprotein for now. I think I will in a couple of weeks. This is a wonderful journey and I feel so much better and am down 1 & 2 sizes in my clothes.

How are you doing?

Good to hear from you

Michelle...
mystic
on 3/11/08 10:27 am - manchester, NJ
ok here is my story for almost the first three months only decaf tea tasted good to me. one morning i woke up and said, ok today is a coffee day and slowly i started drinking it again. i mix half decaf and half of a decaf/regular blend, so the end result is mostly decaf. early out i mixed in lots of skim plus milk for the protein boost. these days i use mostly carnation sugar free creamer in my coffee. it takes time your taste will go thru lots of changes on this journey. good luck, jacki

JCDAD
on 3/15/08 12:11 am
RNY on 02/04/08 with
When my surgeon said no caffeine, i asked will it harm me(surgery related) or is it not recommended from a weight loss option. Once he said it will cause no harm, that sent me right back to my beloved morning coffee.  Enjoy!!!!!!!! 
Most Active